Friday, November 18, 2011

It's the little things that make the biggest difference

image from www.bellasugar.com
A certain someone inspired me to check on my long-deceased blog. For the past month I've been on a emotional roller coaster and the ride is still not over. A wise person told me women are emotional. I've heard it a billion times before and denied it a billion times but now i have come to accept it as part of who I am. I've also learnt that I don't know myself as well as I thought. I am predictable. And I thought that was the one thing I wasn't. It kinda feels like someone splashed cold water in my face and I'm realizing how completely oblivious I was before.

    Anyway, I do think I should stop with all this emotional blabbering which is kinda boring me too now. So now, right now, I'm only gonna talk bout how 1 scarf changed my whole day. So I envy this classmate of mine because of her fashion courage; she came to class one day wearing this colourful scarf that looked edible and immediately I pictured myself wearing it. Then I thought to myself why don't I ever wear something like that? So my friend and I went to this guy that sells insanely awesome scarves and shawls and even demonstrated how to wear them (so adorable) and we literally had a stroke from all the awesomeness. As I was browsing through the many beautiful scarves I remembered my mother (because she always wears these kinds of scarves) and thought wouldn't it be brilliant if I just went home 'shopping' in her scarf drawer? And that's exactly what I did. I had a second stroke of coures when I found even prettier scarves than the ones the guy was selling for free. And the best part was since my mom can't find matching clothes for some of them they were just waiting patiently there ripe for the picking. But among all of them there was one that stood out and I fell absolutely in love with it. 

   So when I got back to campus I couldn't wait to wear it. I was thinking to wear it with something black so it would pop out but that's what I always do and I suddenly had a revelation that told me to wear it with something red. So i wore my red skirt and red sweater and put on the scarf and looked in the mirror. I must have frozen for about 5 minutes or so. You know the feeling you get when the clothes you put on match perfectly and you want everyone to look at you because you think you're the prettiest girl in the whole world? Well that should describe how I was feeling. I wore my adorable new black flats (thank you mama!) and headed to class like I was on top of the world (even though I was late because I couldn't get away from the mirror). The rest of the day was just perfect or that's how I remembered it because all that was important was that I felt pretty that day and a simple scarf managed to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment