Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Can you glue a relationship?

This was taken at a beach in Kuantan a few years ago when we were all together
    We were having tea in the canteen of the factory where my dad works. By the way I'm spending 3 days with my dad which explains why I'm at his workplace. So we were having tea at the canteen when the nice lady who works there asked about my mom and all. My dad said my mom's working so she didn't come along but I was on holiday so he brought me. Then he said every time he goes back I grow and he never gets to see me. I felt a pang in my heart. I could see how he was trying to connect. I admit ever since he started working in Kuantan a few years ago my relationship with my dad has suffered. He only comes back on weekends and that's why none of us can make plans on weekends because they're family time. But obviously that was not enough. I wish we could talk like how I do with my mom. I wish it wasn't so hard to start a conversation. Its time to stop wishing and make it happen for I fear that once I pass this period in my life, it'll be even harder to connect with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment