Friday, August 26, 2011

Don't be scared little girl

image from dearinspirationblog.blogspot.com
Looking at this picture I recall my childhood which seems so faraway now. I can barely remember anything. All I get are thoughts thought then and brief blurry flashes of images (I think I made up or imagined most). Youth is wasted on the young. What I'd give to relive that period. If I did things differently then would I be here right now? Would I be me right now? If only I could go back and tell myself not to be scared and that it's ok if you say no. I'd tell that shy little girl to be a bit braver, every bit counts. I'd tell her not to listen or to even care what those other stuck up kids say or do, she doesn't have to be one of them. I'd tell her don't worry too much about your future, I've seen twenty-year-old you and she's just fine. I'd tell her you might not get a horse now, maybe someday when you're able to take care of one you can buy one. It's not stupid if you want to be a painter, twenty-year-old you still wants to be one. Be true to yourself and don't let others force you to be otherwise. You're ok. You'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment